The Way To My Heart

"And to all this she must yet add something more substantial, in the improvement of her mind by extensive reading." Mr. Darcy in Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

Jewelry? 

Letters?

Roses?

Favors?

The way to a woman's heart is different for almost every woman I have ever known. While the answer to the above may be a very emphatic, "YES!" My heart says, "eh..." 

The way to my heart? It's quite simple really...books.

 Right now -  (not right this very minute as typing and reading can be tricky when paired together)  I am working on Gates of Fire by Steven Pressfield. EXCELLENT book. His writing sweeps you in immediately. I have trouble putting it down. Nevertheless - I must. There are little people to be cared for that require my immediate attention. Come 8:30pm - when the babies are sleeping soundly - I pick it up and am immediately lost in Spartan culture and Mr. Pressfield's gorgeous prose. If you've not read this one, go get it. Order it immediately. Whatever. Just read it. 


I have great need for more books. Okay, okay...I have great want for more books. Currently waiting to be read by me are six books: three biographies, two books on homesteading, and a book I bought ages ago that I had forgotten about. Currently waiting to be purchased by me - oh, thousands and thousands more books.

Someone do this for me: If I start talking of buying more books, remind me to read the one's I have first. Those should last me a bit...Oh - who am I kidding?! I'll be buying more books by October easily.

Comments

Popular Posts