Fall Reading List

Fall is officially here. In its honor - I have made pumpkin chocolate chip muffins, big steaming cups of Earl Grey tea, and I have started considering what I will be reading this season.

Yes. I am that nerdy. I must draw up a plan for what I will read that will inevitably be ignored. Nevertheless - I still make it. I like lists. Whether I stick to them is a whole different ballgame.

Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier - I've never read it. I started to read it when I was pregnant with Monster, but somehow it got pushed aside for another rather forgettable book.

Cold Mountain by Charles Frazier - Recommended to me by one of my sisters-in-law.

Jane Austen: A Life by Claire Tomalin - What other book would a die hard Austenite read? ;)

Charlotte and Emily by Jude Morgan - Again - recommended to me by the same sister-in-law who recommended Cold Mountain.

The Lord Of The Rings by J. R. R. Tolkien - Seriously. It's time. I read and adored The Hobbit while pregnant with Miss Raspberry. It's the only logical next step here.

These books will be read this Fall/Winter. There may be throw-away easy reads tucked in, but honestly I am growing tired of the forgettable books. Life's too short to waste on books I can hardly remember. I got in the habit of reading those types of books while I was sick. My brain was so muddled by medication that I couldn't understand much else. I didn't want to read something I knew I wouldn't remember no matter how much I had wanted to recall the story. Now that I have my memory back (for the most part - Mom Brain takes over from time to time - ) I can start reading and enjoying more of the books I've had on my "To Read" life list.

What about you? What are y'all reading this Fall/Winter?

 

Comments

  1. Found your blog through GirlGab...

    Great list! Rebecca is wonderful, very atmospheric. Cold Mountain is harsh and lovely at the same time (much like the movie, but in a different way). It's been awhile since I read the Lord of the Rings--I did the trilogy right before the movies came out, but I've been feeling like it might be about time for a re-read.

    I've spent the last several years as a very busy student with not much time for pleasure reading. I'm just getting back into a groove now. By the end of the year I'd like to re-read the Little House series, not having read them since I was a kid. I'm also working on The Orchardist by Amanda Coplin and Last Night in Twisted River by John Irving, which was lent to me last summer... I feel bad having kept it this long!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts