7 Quick Takes - Friday

1
I am so very over this whole house buying process. While our realtor is excellent and very kind - the seller's realtor is being very...let's go with difficult. She's not a nice person at all. It's making this process a gigantic pain in the behind. I'm desperately trying not to let it stress me out, but it's very hard not to let it all get me down.

2
I'm deep in the gift making process! Who will get knitted/crocheted gifts this Christmas and who will get IOU's? We'll have to wait and see, y'all.

3
I tried some gluten-free bread this week. Not bad. In fact - as french toast, I could hardly tell a difference. This might not be so hard now. I am looking at gluten in a new way...more like the enemy. I don't want to deal with the pain of eating. I no longer feel the need to lick a roll! Woo hoo! 

4
I desperately need to get outside with a camera and take some pictures. My pictures may stink, but I still want the memories. Who can resist the colors out there?! It's so gorgeous. Makes me long for the mountains. 

5
We've kicked off Operation No TV. Okay, there is no Operation No TV. I just made that up. It sounded cooler to me than just "I got rid of the TV." The other day - I got so tired of Monster's tantrums concerning not being able to watch TV that I had The Celt take and hide the TV away. It will be brought out for Movie Nights once in a blue moon. If Monster's very ill, I'll bring it out then too. Otherwise - no TV for anyone. I think we'll all benefit from that in the end. So far, we've not had a major issue not having it. It being there appeared to be causing the intense need for more TV in Monster. He has been perfectly fine with it's disappearance.
6
Monster's very favorite book is Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak. He asks to read it a thousand times a day. He is particularly fond of the wild rumpus. The Celt makes up music and bounces Monster all about while reading that part. Monster already has started memorizing parts of the book and repeats them to us. These are the memories I'll always keep in heart. 

7
Two peas in a pod. My children have really started playing very well together which allows for more knitting/crocheting and reading time for me. I've starting reading The Lord of the Rings Trilogy. It is SOOOOOO good. If you haven't picked it up yet, do so immediately. I don't know why I waited so long to read it! It probably has something to do with an old friend telling me she couldn't read it because it was super hard to read. I'm guessing this old friend just didn't like reading very much because - to me - it's not at all hard to read! I have trouble putting it down at night. 

Wow. Seven already. I won't bore y'all with more tidbits about my life, but I feel I could go on and on today, haha!
I'm linking up with Jen over at Conversion Diary. Be sure to check out all the 7 Quick Takes goodness going on over there.





For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!


Comments

  1. Hmm, I have never read the Lord of the Rings. Good for you on the tv. We go through phases where we don't watch the tv.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts