Count Your Blessings

A friend posted something on her Facebook status that has spawned this blog post. She said to count your blessings instead of complaining about the mundane details that occasionally go with them. I applaud her for that status. The very thing you may be complaining about could be something someone else would give anything to have.

I try to count my blessings and pray for those without in every little mundane task that I find myself dreading.

When I feel the laundry might overcome me, I pray for the women who've lost children and husbands. They would give anything to fold little tiny baby clothes and their husband's underwear again. I count my blessings.

When I look at crusted-on food on a bowl that Monster had hidden somewhere, I pray. When I am cleaning up a pee pee accident from Monster because he didn't quite get his aim right, I pray. When I am looking down at Monster who inevitably has his hand in the toilet bowl trying to figure out how the water whooshes down the drain, I pray - I pray for the families going through the adoption process who would give anything to have a toddler to love. I count my blessings.

When I am bouncing/rocking/singing to a very mad Raspberry, I pray. When I am cleaning spit up off my dress, I pray. When I am up all night rocking that little girl because once again, she doesn't wish to sleep, I pray - I pray for the woman who is infertile for she would give anything for any of those tasks to be hers.

When I am changing my shirt because I had a milk leak. When I am cleaning up milk that has sprayed on the chair, I pray - I pray for the mothers that are having a hard time breastfeeding. The one's with supply issues, latch issues, or anything that is making their breastfeeding journey not go smoothly. I count my blessings.

When I am doing any cleaning at all, I pray for those without a house to clean and those without money to pay for the supplies to clean.  I count my blessings.

There are a billion chances for me to pray during the day. I offer up those mundane sufferings for those in need. You see, if you look at your every day tasks as blessings instead of curses, they become easier to trudge through. Every single mundane moment of your life is a chance to be thankful. While it may bore you to tears, there are people out there that would give anything to be as bored as you are at that very moment. I'm not professing to be perfect in this task. I definitely complain from time to time. I have been trying to catch myself in those complaints and turn them into a chance to pray as well as count my blessings.

Comments

  1. Very sweet reminder - something I had fallen out of the habit of doing... and something I think I will work harder to fall back into.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so true! A month ago I quit my job to stay home with my precious little boys! we went from a huge house,cars, eating out all the time, having money anytime we wanted anything. To pinching pennus, living in an apartment, having 1 car, not eating out very much! it was the best decision I have probably ever made for my children so far! I thank god everyday that he is giving me this opportunity! I believe everyone should take that back from their lives and see what really is important to him and her children and families

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts